Pureco Eco Stripper user friendly paint stripper.
It has a low odour, and a lot safer than the caustic and methylene chloride based paint strippers.
Has a citrus odour and can be cleaned up in water.
Eco Stripper is one of the safer formulations for paint stripping. It employs less dangerous chemicals for stripping and removing paint, graffiti and for general industrial cleanup. Unlike older methylene chloride based paint strippers, Eco Stripper has much lower vapour pressure, that is it has much less fumes evaporating from it and what does evaporate is not as dangerous as the fumes from the older style paint strippers.
How to use-
1. Apply appropriate PPE i.e. gloves, goggles. Always stir well before use.
2. Apply a thick coat (0.5mm to 1.0mm thick), by brush or roller. (2 square metres per litre.) As surface conditions vary, initially test on a small, obscure section to ensure suitability.
3. Immediately cover with sheets of plastic (e.g. Old Shopping Bags, Used Plastic Drop Sheet), and leave for about 20 minutes while applying to the next, adjacent area. Time needed may vary dependent on number of coats and age of coating.
4. Gradually peel back the plastic and remove the softened paint and residue with abroad paint scraper. We suggest plastic scrapers but metal is fine if used gently.
5. Wash the surface with a scourer and allow to dry.
6. Some more difficult coatings may require a further application to effect complete striping.
7. Surface is now ready for sanding and re-painting.
8. Clean up tools and clothes with soap (detergent) and water.
9. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.